And I'm sorry. I haven't actually been that busy, I just got lazy and every time I sat down to do this I got really tired and decided to go to bed instead.
So I've been choosing sleep over blogging. I think it's actually a very intelligent choice.
Rewind a bit here.
Friday:
Had class in the morning and afternoon. We talked about Marvin Olasky (the editor of World magazine) and his view on Christians in journalism. Very interesting perspective. VERY interesting.
Then the WJCers all watched the movie "Shattered Glass," which is a true story about a writer at The New Republic magazine who fabricated the majority of his stories. Terry and Greg got us burritos from Burrito Brothers and we watched the movie in the WJC lounge, then discussed the movie for a while.
We finished a bit before 9 p.m., and then headed out to see some of the monuments at night. We met up with a larger group of ASP/WJC students who were already out there and saw the Washington, Jefferson and FDR Memorials. I ended up leaving early with a couple of the ASP guys after FDR because it was absolutely freezing and I was quite tired and ready to call it a night.
Saturday:
Slept in! Karin and I fought with the lack of hot water in the shower, then blew a fuse in the bathroom by plugging too many electronics in at one time, I guess. Fortunately the fuse box for each apartment is located inside each apartment, and the problem was repaired shortly.
Karin and I then hopped on a bus and headed to Georgetown. It was about a 30 minute bus ride, and was not without entertainment. About 10 minutes after we boarded, the driver pulled over to a stop and opened the doors as usual. But when he closed the doors, the back doors refused to shut. They just wouldn't. He tried physically forcing them to close from several different directions, and turned the bus on and off at least twice. Finally, two men on the bus held the doors shut while the bus driver turned the bus back on and flipped the door closing switch. It finally worked! Yay.
Then a lady got on the bus and sat directly behind us, and she had an extremely colorful vocabulary. She slipped expltives out of her mouth regularly for no apparent reason. She wasn't talking TO anyone, just cussing up a storm. Then, she turned to me.
"Is that all your own hair?" (expletives have been substituted).
I answered, yes it was indeed all my own hair. She couldn't believe it. She told never to cut it. Never cut it. She could never get her hair to look so beautiful and curly and nice. So never cut it. She was so jealous. On and on and on. Expletive expletive expletive.
She was a character, to say the least.
We finally arrived in Georgetown, got some ice cream from a really cute little shop and then went shopping! Got some jeans and a couple more sweaters for going over tanktops and such. Had dinner at Five Guys (which is sort of the East Coast version of In'N'Out) and then trekked a ways to find the bus stop to get back. This time, we pretty much had the bus to ourselves, so Karin took a bunch of pictures of us entertaining ourselves in strange ways that largely included my scarf.
Got back to school, where we were being awaited by some of the group who wanted to watch a movie. We decided on 'The Departed," and after watching the end of "10 Things I Hate About You" with the girls who were already in the lounge, a very large WJC/ASP group watched it together.
Sunday:
Went to church at the Union Station theater church again. Still liked it. Came back, made pasta for lunch with Karin, and then just messed around until the Superbowl.
It had been advertised that whoever wanted to could go to The Green Turtle, a sports bar in the Chinatown area, and a bunch of people were going to go. I wasn't a huge fan of this plan, because it sounded like it would be way too crowded, but I decided to go along for the ride anyways. But when we went down to the lobby, it turned out that most people felt the way I did, and so we decided not to go - instead, some of the guys went and picked up Chipotle for us.
So I went into the student lobby where everyone had congregated to watch the game. I sat there through the entire game. On a couch. Between Karin and Natalee (a WJCer). It was alright. I was definitely bored at some points. But then I ended up texting like, 3 different people, so I was a little more entertained.
I liked the Hulu commercial and the Career Builder (?) one.
Then we waited for The Office. This was really the reason I had watched the whole game. A new episode of The Office, directly after the Superbowl? Who could ask for more? But they took forever to wrap everything up and get the episode on. And then the episode was a little weird. But it definitely had its funny moments. The opener was brilliant. And Dwight cutting the face off the dummy was just so incredibly hilarious.
Today:
Class this morning - mainly prep for internships, WHICH START TOMORROW! I'm a little nervous. I'm not going to lie. But I know everything will work out just fine.
Afternoon class was cancelled so that we could have the time to either go to our internships or just get some stuff done. I hadn't visited my internship yet, and Natalee had some errands to run, so she came with me. I found my building, which is very large and nice and says, "The Examiner" on it in very large letters.
Then we went to Gap so she could return something. And to Macy's so she could return something. And while she was returning her purse at Macy's, I went to the shoe section, because I was still in need of a pair of good boots for walking around in the rain and snow and all that good stuff. I found a really nice pair for a much lower price than I was expecting to find, and I got them! So Mom and Dad, I officially have boots.
Then we came back, I looked over the copies of the Examiner that I had picked up, and then we had family dinner (enchiladas).
Came back to the apartment, started some work on my papers that are due Friday for class, and then Aunt Debbie called and I talked to her for a while =)
But we got cut short, because we were having a worship night with everyone tonight, and I really wanted to go. I'm very glad I went. It wasn't anything too formal, but there were quite a few people there, and we sang some songs and prayed, and it was just a really good time to stop and praise God before going into this new adventure tomorrow morning.
That's it. I start work tomorrow. I'm really excited, but I have no idea what to expect. Like, absolutely no idea. I really like knowing what's coming, so this is a little out of my comfort zone. So, if you think about it, please pray for me tomorrow. This is the beginning of a whole new adventure.
February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I did pray for you this morning as I was walking at about 6:45am, so I figure you were just getting there. I'm excited to hear how things went.
Dad
Post a Comment