February 18, 2009

I Don't Have an Interesting Title Today

The rest of yesterday was normal. Went home, had dinner, talked to a lot of people, actually, made an emergency chocolate run to 7-11 and went to bed. Nothing overly exciting.

I received a very high compliment on my profile of the triathlete lady. The lady who edited it said she had absolutely no questions on it and was very impressed. She said it was very good. Yay me! Haha. I'm pretty excited about it.

Today I went with the transportation beat reporter to a Transportation Board meeting, and I was supposed to write an article about this survey that has been being released in small pieces at a time. The reporter was covering all the other stuff in the meeting, too, so I wasn't there by myself. But the survey I was supposed to cover was at the very end of the meeting - literally the last thing, and the meeting went long. So they pushed the survey release until the next meeting. Which meant I had sat through the whole meeting for no reason.

But it was a learning experience. I was really glad I got to go to the meeting at least, and learn about a new area of knowledge. And the reporter was really sweet and explained all kinds of stuff to me. She was very helpful and encouraging. So it was a good experience to have, even if I didn't get a story out of it.

And the meeting was actually decently interesting. A couple of the issues were fairly intriguing, metro stuff, and a thing about the inauguration. Yep.

Now I'm headed home and we have the progressive dinner tonight! We are doing the entrée, so we're making pancakes and bacon. It'll be delicious. I'm pretty stoked.

No comments: