I know it's been a while since I posted, and even as I'm here, I'm not here to give you an update. At least not an extensive one.
I'm here to ask for prayer from you all out there that read this. It's been an interesting weekend - not a bad one, mind you. Just a whole lot of stuff has been put on my plate and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Late Friday night/early Saturday morning, I found out that the interviews to be Editor-in-Chief of The Chimes at Biola were on Monday (yes, tomorrow), and that they wanted my application questions in by Sunday night (tonight). So, I have been working on that like a crazy person and worrying about my interview and all that jazz.
In addition, yesterday I was handed the reins in the whole housing bit for next year. It's now our turn to talk with the landlord of the house and haggle out a price for the house. This stresses me out. I've never done anything like this before, and the girls living there currently have been extremely helpful and so sweet and I'm so grateful for them, but it's just a big thing and feels like a whole lot of responsibility. I talked with the man for a while today, and the talks will be continuing.
On top of that, my phone is being ridiculous and I can't hear anything when people call me or I call them. I went to the Verizon store yesterday to see if they could fix it for me, and they basically told me I needed a new phone, which will cost me money since I am no longer under contract. I don't have money laying around for that, and I'm scheduled for an upgrade in June, so I did not get a new phone. The one I have is functional, and my Bluetooth works, so I'm making it work for the time being. But it's frustrating.
Then add on the fact that I have homework to do, a term paper topic to choose and start to research, and a huge interview to do with the guy I'm profiling for my internship, I'm kind of freaking out.
Tomorrow has a whole lot of stuff in it that I wasn't expecting, and I know it's all going to happen just fine, but I am just stressed out about it. I have class from 10-12, then my editor-in-chief interview is 12-12:30, then I have time to eat and then class from 2-3:30 or 4. Then I need to leave no later than 4:15 p.m. to go to my interview with this fencing guy in Maryland that starts at 5:30 p.m., which means I am missing family dinner. By the time I get back, it will be probably 7:30 p.m. or 8 p.m., and I will be tired and stressed out and I will have to transcribe my interview and get ready for the next day.
Blah.
So all I'm saying is, please keep me in your prayers. I have a lot going on and I'm tired and I'm kind of stressed.
Thanks.
March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! There's a lot happening all of a sudden. God in you is capable of accomplishing what He has called you to do. I pray that your days will be full of joy in the midst of the stress. This is where real life intersects with faith. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. I love you.
Post a Comment