At the Copacabana! Of course! This song has been stuck in my head all week. Just fyi.Today has been a really chill day so far. We had to go to class this morning, even though we were initially told we wouldn't have to. So in a mini-rebellion, several of us decided to just climb out of bed and go to class in sweats and without getting ready at all. It only lasted about an hour, and then I went back to bed. For about two hours. Got up at 1 p.m. and showered and then we had another joint class with ASP where we had two women guest speakers who talked about gender discrimination in the work place.
Then WJC went to Ebenezers. Tonight I'm going with some of the WJC girls to a 20/20 viewing party that is dealing with some hot topics - medical marijuana, universal preschool, immigration, etc. Should be really interesting. I'm excited.
A bit of a rewind:
Wednesday
Work was not so good. I literally did nothing all day. It was kind of a bummer. But I got my cover letter for class done. And I took a nice lunch break and walked down to Potbelly and ate by myself. It was actually really fun.
Then at the end of the day, I was asked to cover a trial the next day. Turns out it was a rape trial, and I had to do a bunch of background reading and it wasn't very nice at all. At all. So after I had done all the reading, it turned out that the trial was delayed and I wouldn't have to cover it. So I put all of that horrendous stuff into my had for no reason, and it wasn't overly encouraging.
So I went home early, and went up to the roof and watched the sun set over the Capitol. It was really overcast and so the light over the Capitol was absolutely gorgeous. It kind of started sprinkling, too. It was perfect. Just what I needed.
We had progressive dinner. Jason and John made dessert this week, so we didn't have to do anything since it was our dessert week! It was beautiful. The girls next door did chips and carrots and cucmbers for appetizer, the boys did tacos for dinner, and then the dessert was African donuts (that I'm totally forgetting the name of) with vanilla ice cream. It was really good.
After we ate, we went around the whole group and did the "happies and the crappies." Basically, the worst and best part of our day. And then we all said who our favorite cousin was and why. Random, but funny.
Then Karin and I talked for a while in our room and I finished a last load of laundry and cleaned up my stuff. Then we watched last week's episode of The Office that we hadn't seen because we were at Watchmen. And then we just went to bed.
Thursday
Work. Better this time - I wrote two stories, one about a car accident that had majorly backed up traffic and one about the street closures near Eastern Market that were going to be happening soon. I met Alyssa for lunch at Cosi and it was lovely. We were there for far too long, but we had a really good time taking a break and talking to a real person.
On the way home from work, I called Erin, and we ended up talking my entire way home and then for like, two and half more hours once I got home. It was most excellent to hear her voice. And her advice and logic.
Then it was time for this week's episode of The Office. Watched it downstairs with everyone and then we watched 30 Rock, too. I like that show. It is genuinely funny.
Called my family afterward, and made some pasta because I had been too busy talking to Erin to eat dinner.
That was pretty much it.
In other news, I get to do another Personal Best profile - this time a fencer! Yay! I really like doing these.

No comments:
Post a Comment