It’s been a slower day at work for me. I did my 3-minute interview, which is exactly what it sounds like. You find someone that can somehow relate to anything going on in the world, and you do a short interview with them and then write it up in Q&A form.That was the first thing this morning. Now I’ve been working on something about spring break and how local universities are handling the advisory that students not head down to Mexico for spring break due to all the narcotics nastiness that’s been going on.
It’s not due until Thursday morning, so unfortunately I haven’t felt the pressure. But I’ve been emailing and researching and at this point it’s a bit of a waiting game. It’s an interesting story, so I’m enjoying it.
Went to Corner Bakery for lunch. The chicken salad sandwich is just really stinkin’ good.
Now I’m almost done. No plans tonight, just going back. Who knows what will happen?
Yesterday was fun. After our guest speaker, Karin, Coco and me walked to the National Mall to play in the snow. It was really cold, but it was absolutely beautiful. Nobody else was very excited about the snow, but that didn’t affect our attitudes about it.
Came back, thawed out, and had family dinner. Sat with a lot of people, mainly talked with Danielle and Micaela. We had corned beef and cabbage. Never in my life have I had corned beef and cabbage, and this shocked Danielle. Apparently, in her house they eat it all the time.
Then we went up to the apartment and watched some Arrested Development and painted our toenails. At 9 p.m., we went downstairs for the worship night. Afterward, I walked around with Yvette for a while, then talked to Natalee, and then went with Alyssa, Micaela and Jenny to 7-11. I wore my flip-flops, haha.
Came back from 7-11 and hung out in the parlor for a while with a bunch of people. Alyssa’s grandparents are flying her out to Palm Springs for our so-called “spring break,” and I’m completely jealous. I’m kind of tired of being cold and would love to be home for a little while. But it’s cool. We’re gonna have a ton of fun being here. Doing something.
Went to bed after showering. That was pretty much it.

No comments:
Post a Comment