Yep. It's true. I finally got my first full night of sleep. I literally passed out in my bed last night. I stood for endless hours, was up at a disgusting hour, and could barely move once I got home. So I showered and slept.
You better believe I was well-rested this morning.
But I didn't really need to be. We just had a really short meeting for both groups with some of the CCCU people. We met them and they gave us donuts. It was a good meeting.
Then, my scavenger hunt group and I went to the House of Representatives office building to find the office of Buck McKeon, the representative for the guy in our group - it was on our list. The instructions were to take a picture in front of his office door, but we ended up talking to his press secretary, and she was really helpful - so we got to meet him! We did a short video interview with him (for our project) and then talked with him a little bit. It was pretty cool - I know someone in Congress!!! Haha.
Then we had class this afternoon. And we were supposed to have family dinner, but it got moved to tomorrow. So I finished "Rebecca," and I really liked the book, and I was shocked at parts of it, but I thought the ending left something to be desired.
I was starving, but I still hadn't bought any groceries, so I waited for Karin to come back, and we walked to Safeway - it was about a 15 minute walk, so not too bad. We bought A TON of groceries, and I should basically be set for a long time. Woot!
Tomorrow is a service learning day. Basically, volunteering. I'm doing food preparation and distribution with a group of ASP/WJC people, so we will be doing that all day. One of my roommates is on my team, and I know a good bunch of the other people, so I'm actually really excited about it. I'm excited anyways. I think this is going to be a really cool experience.
So, I made soup and then a yogurt/granola concoction. And it was delicious. Then Karin and I had a little bit of crazy time - we were the only ones in our apartment, so we turned on some music really loud and danced and laughed and were kinda stupid for a while. It was good.
Now I'm just blogging, and I'm gonna go shower. It was a pretty regular day, but it was nice to finally feel like I have a little bit of a routine. It was calm. It was appreciated.
January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment