2 more days on the West Coast. Weird. I've never been away from California for this long. This is going to be quite the adventure.
It is currently 29 degrees in Washington, D.C. The high on Friday is supposed to be 18 degrees. Yikes. I have never lived in that kind of weather for more than a week. I hope I don't freeze.
Today I did nothing. I woke up and sat on the couch and started reading "Rebecca." It's kind of creepy. Nothing overly strange has happened yet, but I just get an unsettled feeling when I'm reading it. It's going to get stranger and creepier, I think, but I'm home alone tonight, so I'm going to put it away until someone comes back...
But that's all. That's all I did today. I read. It was beautiful. You would think I would have been working on packing, considering I only have two days left, but I'm at a bit of a standstill at the moment. I finally got everything together that I need, but I can't pack my clothes until the laundry is done, and the laundry won't be done until tomorrow, and the clothes need to be packed first. Dilemma. So I didn't pack today.
I'll pack tomorrow.
January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." Talk about a famous first line...I loved Rebecca! I guess it could be a little creepy, but nothing really bad happens. The ending is sort of happy/sad/portentious. I hope you finish it soon. "Jamaica Inn" is another good one by Daphne du Maurier.
Post a Comment