April 9, 2009

Potholepalooza Finally Printed!

My story I wrote yesterday about the homeless population.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Washington-areas-homeless-population-on-the-rise_04_09-42689437.html


And the POTHOLEPALOOZA story! I just realized I hadn't posted this yet.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Potholepalooza-addresses-pesky-potholes-42505922.html

Now, there was a little bit of disappointment with this story, because after all the work to get me to go with the photographer, there weren't any photos used at all. Not online, not in the paper, nothing. The story printed on Monday, and so Tuesday when I went into the office, I received a huge apology from my editor, telling me that when he saw the way it had printed, he was "livid." He had wanted it to be a bigger deal, I guess, but the people who do the pages hadn't done it correctly.

So the story is still there and it's still good and I'm still proud of it, but there are no photos. But you can still read it and enjoy it!

Last night, since a lot of people were out of town or have family in town, we all just ordered pizza for progressive dinner. Domino's has the whole 5-5-5 deal where you can get 3 medium pizzas for $5 each, so my apartment got one and the girls next door got two, and we bought them together. It was just me, Coco and Kati, so we got a barbecue chicken pizza.

The boys ordered their own. They each got their own pizza. And each of them finished their own pizza. Holy cow.

But we had a good time. We just brought all the pizzas into our apartment and sat around eating and talking and hanging out. There was a brief game of something similar to "6 Degrees to Kevin Bacon" and then there was just talking. Andrea read us the crime blotter from the Barnesville Enterprise, her hometown paper. People slowly trickled out, and eventually it was me, Coco, Jason, Geoff, Kati and Sarah just goofing off, talking about Biola and Jason's family, haha.

Then they left to watch Heroes and Mandi and Yvette came in, and we all talked for a while. Then Karin came home, and I talked with her for a while. Then Mandi came back and the three of us talked for a while. Then Jeremy came in and we talked.

It was pretty much just a hang out night.

This morning, we did our morning devotionals later, because I was the only one going to work. So we met at 8:15 a.m., which felt so much nicer. We went over the passage in Luke with the Last Supper and discussed it. It was really good. Easter has not been very present in my mind this year.

Now I'm at work, writing a story about legislation that was introduced by the DC Council about prescription drugs in the water. Going to get lunch at Corner Bakery, and then possibly met Karin and her family for dinner tonight after I get off. Then we have Bible study and two new episodes of The Office! Sounds like a good night.

And Mom and Dad, I'm going to call tonight. Let me know if that doesn't work.

2 comments:

Dzinerdeb said...

Hey, good job on the pothole story! Good head and tag, humor and info all rolled into one. Too bad about the photos.

Dad said...

I just got to this today. Thanks for the articles, we're getting quite a folder full. You're doing a great job.