April 5, 2009

Cherry Blossoms!!!!!!!






Friday

Woke up at 7 a.m. to do devotionals with the Bible study group. Afterward, went to Jacob's to get a copy of the Washington Post for class that morning, and unintentionally met up with Natalee and Shanley. Got a chai latte and a muffin, and read the paper with them for a while. Karin picked up a bunch of Examiners while she was out running, so we were set for class.

Then, we had class, where we basically read through the papers together and talked about the differences between traditional dailies and commuter dailies.

Lunch. Talked to Lisa a bit. Read my blog for class. Second half of class, where we watched a bunch of videos about the evolution of the news industry. Went to Ebenezer's, where we talked about chick flicks.

Then Karin and I headed out to the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms around the Jefferson and FDR Memorials. It was absolutely beautiful, as I'm sure you can see by the photos above. For more amazing pictures of cherry blossoms and stuff, visit my Facebook. I have a whole album of them.

We were out there for a while, and watched the sun set. Gorgeous. Then, we headed toward Chad's for a movie night, but we were hungry, and there wasn't any real convenient place to get food between where we were and his house. So we stopped at L'Enfant Plaza on the way there, figuring that there must be something to eat there, right? Yeah, not really. We ended up finding a McDonalds, which we made work.

Got to Chad's, where we were watching "Jurassic Park." I never saw it as a child or ever, so this was a new and exciting experience. Of course, I've heard about it my whole life, and I was expecting it to be much more violent and graphic than it actually was. I even liked it.

Then, they all decided we should watch the next one, so Chad and Cole went to rent it, and while they were gone we played Dr. Mario on the Wii. Then we watched Jurassic Park 2, which was much cornier than the first one. Not as good. But we had a very entertaining commentary going on throughout the whole thing.

Headed home, and Karin and I talked for a while before heading to bed.

Saturday

Slept in (7 a.m. devos are only Monday-Friday) until about 1 p.m. Got up, ate, got ready, and headed out with Karin to the National Mall. We just wanted to be outside, so we went to the sculpture gardens, where we "interpreted" the sculptures. Then we got some lemonade from a refreshment stand on the mall and laid in the grass and talked for a while, just enjoying the sunshine and beautiful day.

Headed home, made a chicken dinner together, and then ended up watching "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" in the WJC lounge with Alyssa, Sarah Breen, Christine, and Karin. We were going to go to Chad's house party but we decided to opt out of this one. After the movie, we watched some Friends and then went to bed.

Sunday

Went to church at Union Station. Came back, ate, went through my cherry blossom photos and Facebooked them. Worked on homework and reading pretty much all day. That's pretty much it.

Hasn't been an ovrly exciting weekend, but it's been beautiful and I have loved being able to be outside and enjoy the weather. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so that's over for a bit. And there are like millions of tourists here right now. It's ridiculous.

And I had ice cream for dinner.

Monday

Woke up for our Bible study devotions. We did them on the roof, which I love, because it just makes me feel closer to God. Wonderful to be outside.

Went back to my apartment and laid down in my bed and dozed for about 45 minutes before showering and heading off to class. Had class. Had lunch. Turned in my blog and went to the post office, to mail a bunch of stuff, including some clips for the journalism spring banquet. Oh, and Mom, I mailed you my check from Grandma. So keep an eye out for it, please =)

As I was walking back from Union, it started raining on me. Good thing I had brought my umbrella AND had a jacket on with a hood. I'm such a forward thinker. When I got back to the apartments, I watched "Bowling for Columbine" (for my term paper), and then we had family dinner. We had dijon chicken, rice, and salad. Very good. Cheesecake for dessert.

Finished "Bowling for Columbine" and then Karin and I worked on a special project for Erin and Juliette. It took much longer than we had planned, but I know they will appreciate it. If you're interested, you can go to my Facebook and look at my videos.

Realized the class schedule for next fall was online, so I started looking at classes, and pretty much have it figured out. 12 units really isn't that many.

Went to bed.

Tuesday, thus far

Woke up for our Bible study devotions. It was too cold to go on the roof, so we read through some Psalms together in the parlor. Went back to bed when we were done - we meet from 7 to 7:30 a.m., and I don't leave for work until 9:30 a.m.

Came to work. There is a new computer at my desk today. A Mac. Without a keyboard or a mouse. This is interesting. I always bring my laptop, so it's not a big deal - it's just funny. Although, the old computer had the big computer box under the desk and I used it as a footrest. Worked nicely. So now, I'm out of a footrest.

That's it so far.

No comments: